The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sports & Recreation and under the Sponsorship of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organized the Talk on Yoplait/ Candia Sports Medicine at John Kennedy College, Beau Bassin on Friday 29th January 2021 in the presence of:
• Mr. S. Mohitram– Rector of John Kennedy College
• Mr. S. Emritte – Educator of John Kennedy College
• Mr. A. Pyneandee – Educator of John Kennedy College
• Mr. R. Ramcharun – Educator of John Kennedy College
• Mr. Conrad Thomas – Nutritionist from Active Mauritius
• Supporting staff of Mauritius Sports Council
Sports Equipment (Skipping Ropes, Basketballs, Volleyballs, Badminton, Shuttlecocks and Footballs), Ice Box and First Aid Kit were offered to the College by the Mauritius Sports Council, same sponsored by Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd.
The main objective of the talk is to make the students aware of the benefits of Sports, how physical activities and a good nutrition is important for maintaining a good and a healthy lifestyle.
The talks comprise of.
• The Importance of Physical Activities and Good Nutrition by Mr. Conrad Thomas.
• 125 students and 4 Teachers attended the talk.
During the talk, quiz competition related to the talk was conducted among students where two students of Grade 10 namely, Macaque Shawn and Batoossam Josh won the quiz and were awarded a T- Shirt.
The talk ended at 10 00 hours and Pamphlets on Sports Medicine, Candia milk and Keyrings were distributed to all students.